CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thing 35-Books 2.0

I think that with careful selection, Book 2.0 tools can enhance a person's reading experience. Tools that I explored include Shelfari, Booktagger, What Should I Read Next?, Living Social, Reading Group Choices, Podio books, Paperback Swap, One Minute Critic, Silly Books and Booksfree.

Tools I will use again include Shelfari, because I like the ability to keep track of what I've read and I like their system; Living Social/facebook app for the ability to share book suggestions with friends on fb. I was just having a discussion with a friend today who was looking for book suggestions. I also shared the Readers Advisory suggestions from More Things with her.

I am signed up with paperback swap, but will never use it because why pay to ship a book when you can get it from the library? I enjoyed One Minute Critic, but wish there was a listing by book instead of by month. This would make book reviews easier to find instead of wading through pages of books I have no interest in.

Silly Books was fun and I could see having this saved to the desktop for kids to explore.

Booksfree and bookswim rank right up there with and Paperback Swap as tools I would not use because I get my books from the library. One of my patrons uses Paperback Swap and is thrilled with it, however.

0 comments:

Learn10: power up your language

Accuweather Forecast

My Meez

Meez 3D avatar avatars games