CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thing 29-Google Tools

The Search Tool I chose to use was Web History. It was easy to set up, and easy to remove, which I did shortly after installing it. I think that the concern for privacy is somewhat generational, but also experiential. People who have not had problems with privacy violations will not be as concerned as someone who has had such an experience.

I am personally not interested in sharing my browsing history. Internet searches as I have experienced them have been neither difficult or frustrating without a record of where I have searched. If I am really interested in returning to a particular site, I bookmark it on my computer.

I wasn't that impressed with Web History, and I have no interest in an aggregated list of headline news (Google News).

When I explored Gmail more with the activities in this Thing, I was surprised to discover I had already done some of it already. I already had a new look (theme) for my gmail account, but didn't recall having done it. I must have checked it out when they first introduced it. I really like the search feature in gmail. I have used it to find old email that was from a particular sender that I needed. It was kind of annoying to send email from one account to another. The reason I have separate accounts is different email uses and it just cluttered up both accounts. Overall, I have been much more satisfied with my email experiences since I switched to gmail.

0 comments:

Learn10: power up your language

Accuweather Forecast

My Meez

Meez 3D avatar avatars games